<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Playing catch-up 

I am working on getting the rest of my Grandma Grace's wedding photos uploaded to an online album, but first I need to catch up on a little blogging I've let slide in the past few months. First, I'm pleased to report that I have finally gotten around to blogging our 3 days in St. Petersburg last August. Second, I've added a post wrapping up our trip to Disney just before Christmas.

Finally, some might argue that entitling a post "Family reunion, part I" constituted an implicit promise that at least a "part II" would be forthcoming. I did mean to get some more photos of us cousins and our kids at Laura's house the next day, but I never even took my camera out of my purse.

I do, however, have something nice to share from that visit. My mom and my Aunt Suzie worked together to create memory books of my Grandma Jernigan for us grandkids and presented them to us that weekend. They collected old letters, some of Grandma's best recipes, photos of her and of us, and special mementos like buttons and doilies from her sewing box and even a couple sticks of Juicy Fruit chewing gum, which Grandma always carried in her purse. ("G-U-M" was the first word we cousins learned to spell; "C-A-N-D-Y" was the second.) Suzie scanned all this into the computer and worked her Photoshop magic. The final results are stunning:



Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14

I highly recommend that you make the banana pudding on page 8. It's the world's best!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?