<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Crawling out of my hole 

Well, I wound up canceling our trip to Belgium and Holland. It stings to realize that I can't do it all, but I just can't. It hit me when I actually laid it out on a calendar that I have exactly 3 weeks to get this place ready for the movers, and I was planning on spending the better part of a third of that time traveling. Something had to give, and in this case it was the trip.

My friend Kathleen sent me a really sweet email in response to my most recent post:

It is probably like the last few weeks of pregnancy now - you are on the countdown so you can finely feel safe letting go and admitting how stressful and trying the whole adventure has been along with the fun and the good times but ... enough is enough ...let's just get it over with. At least that's how I felt at the end of each pregnancy!!

YES! That is EXACTLY what this feels like!!! I am over 12 months pregnant with this stupid deployment and just want to get the damn thing out.

I've spent most of my free time this weekend working on stuff for the move. This afternoon, I gave our carport an initial cleaning to bring it up to plain old dirty (it was REALLY bad out there) and rearranged stuff so that I can actually park a car in there.

Yesterday morning the kids and I worked on cleaning out Mike's room. I am too overwhelmed to pull off a garage sale and it's a bureaucratic nightmare to put items into our community thrift store. The kids, however, work best when motivated by the almighty dollar, so I pay them a buck a pound for any crap they're willing to let me put into the Sort Center. They are pooling their earnings to buy accessories for the rec room they want to make in our new home in Kentucky. They've made at least $25 this weekend to go towards their goal.

We spent yesterday afternoon at the Kinderzirkusspektakel, which is a whole 'nother post. I need to do a little work on my videos first though. Soon, I promise.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?