<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 22, 2005

Redecorating 

In order to make room for our massive pottery haul, I prepped the van by removing the middle 2 seats. I didn't want their metal feet to damage the hardwood floors that we have throughout most of the house, so I stuck them in the kitchen, which is tiled.

We're back from pottery shopping now, and the van has been unloaded. I should put the seats back in, but I'm kind of enjoying having them in the kitchen. Jenny and I sat in them tonight, while we enjoyed most of a bottle of wine each and 2 different kinds of fondue (cheese and chocolate). It was very comfy, but in a high-class yet rednecky sort of way.

We met some Air Force wives in Poland who warned us repeatedly about the dangers of car theft. They advised us to shop in shifts, but I decided that we just didn't have time for that kind of caution. If somebody wanted to steal the car, I figured, at least I wouldn't have to get the damage from the accident fixed.

Jenny and I both woke up at 2:15 a.m. on Thursday when a child (who shall remain nameless to protect his dignity) started snoring like his father. Neither of us could get back to sleep, so we lay there playing the "what if the car does get stolen" game.

Jenny asked me, "Have you thought about how you'll blog it?" We decided that if the unthinkable should happen, I would post a picture of the 2 middle seats sitting in my kitchen and title the post "All that remains." Instead, I'm happy to be able to post this picture of our little indoor tailgate party tonight:



I like it so much I'm thinking of keeping it this way.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?