<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cue the banjo music! 

It's official. We will be moving to Ft. Knox, Kentucky, sometime this August.

It's truly remarkable, the progress I've made since Christmas, which was the first time anybody ever said Ft. Knox to me. I can say it and type it without crying, for one thing.

Before you tell me that Kentucky is beautiful and that the people are so nice, let me assure you that my beef has very little to do with Ft. Knox or Kentucky and everything in the world to do with the way the assignments process went this time. The JAG Corps likes to talk about how they "recruit soldiers but retain families." They have lost this family. We are on a 3-year countdown to retirement. Now we just have to figure out what we want to be when we grow up!

Comments:
they "recruit soldiers but retain families."

I'm not even going to show this to Julie; she would quite possibly explode.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?