<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hurry up and wait 

Fred called this morning (I guess by now that would be yesterday morning) with the news that he will be arriving at Rhein-Main AFB on Wednesday at 2:00 a.m. When I called the airport at 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday (an hour ago), I was told that the arrival time had been moved up by 2 hours. So the kids and I jumped in the car and zipped up the autobahn to be here for his arrival.

Anybody care to guess the punchline? Yep, you got it--that was bogus information. The desk sergeant has been really, REALLY nice to us though. Besides giving his OK for us to get into the terminal, which is technically closed right now, he is letting us hang out in this really nice little lounge. That's where I'm posting from.

So we're settling in for a little wait. It's kind of a pain, but on the other hand, it's not like I was going to get any more awake the later it got for the drive up here. We're here, safe and sound, and the next time you hear from me, we'll have Fred, too. We can't believe R&R is finally here!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?