<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 28, 2005

The hills are alive! 

The Sound of Music is being staged for the first time ever in Austria, and I am struggling with myself over whether or not to try to get out to Vienna to see it. I saw the play in Deland, FL, and I saw it again at Ft. Shafter in Hawaii. But how cool would it be to be able to say I saw it in Austria?

I went to the website for the Volksoper and discovered that I could get REALLY good seats for me and the kids for 90 euro, which isn't bad at all. But then you have to add on the 8-hour train ride each way and a couple nights in a hotel, and it starts turning into a much more major undertaking. I don't know that I'm ready to return to Vienna when there are so many other places we haven't been to even once.

If you go here, you can sample a video clip of the play by clicking on Videobeispiel and several audio clips by clicking on Klangbeispiele. I get a kick out of hearing music in German that I'm used to listening to in English.

This season the Volksoper is also staging Fiddler on the Roof, which is called Anatevka in German. Go here and click Videobeispiel and Klangbeispiele again to check it out. I'm a sucker for musicals and doubt that I could go all the way to Vienna for only one of these shows.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?