<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Goodbye, again 

On any other day, the discovery of 4 inches of snow on the ground with more falling from the sky by the minute would have been greeted with much rejoicing. Today, however, we had to get Fred back up to Rhein-Main AFB between the hours of 5 and 7 a.m., and it would have been a lot easier on clear roads. It was a white-knuckle ride all the way to and from the airport, although maybe it helped to distract us from the unpleasant business of saying goodbye.

The farewell itself was fairly calm and mercifully brief. I wonder though if I wouldn't have been better off with one big boo-hoo. Instead, I've been on the verge of tears for the rest of the day. I'm sure I'll feel better once I've got our calendar put together so that I have a plan for these next 4.5 months, but for now I'm just drifting and it all pretty much sucks.

Yesterday the kids posed back to back with Fred to show how much they've grown over the course of the deployment. From left to right, the photos were taken in May (wow, he left exactly 9 months ago today), in October, and last night. We'll finish the series sometime in early July:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?