<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Here comes the bride! 

When we arrived here in Florida, I never dreamed we would be attending a wedding before returning to Germany. Shortly after Thanksgiving though, my Grandma Grace announced that she would be marrying David Desmond in the chapel of their retirement community on January 16. Today was the big day, and we all had a great time!

Annabelle and I wore our matching outfits, and my father wore his kilt to walk his mom down the aisle. I promised him that I would get a picture of us together and call it "3 Plaid Skirts" and display it here on the blog. So here we are, the 3 plaid skirts:



Here's a closeup of Annabelle and me showing off the necklaces that Fred sent to us for Christmas:



We started off the afternoon with a pre-ceremony luncheon at the retirement center. While we were eating, I saw a woman at one of David's tables who looked vaguely familiar to me. "I know her," I insisted to Mom, who insisted right back that that was impossible. Well, it turned out that I was right! I knew not one but 2 of Dave's sisters back in the early 1980s through my participation in our local community theater.

It was such fun to get together with my extended family and to get a chance to meet--and realize I already knew part of--Dave's family. Here are the bride and groom posing with Dave's family:



Annabelle enjoyed getting to know her cousin Chloe:



Here is my Aunt Julia with her daughters, Terri and Sherri, and Terri's husband and kids. (This picture is also an example of my Aunt Suzie the Photoshop Goddess's stunning technical skills, as she created this one photo from 2 separate photos.)



Here we are with my parents and sister:



Towards the end of the reception, Grandma and Dave danced together and then stopped for a smooch. I missed the original kiss while I was waiting for my flash to recharge, but they were happy to reenact the moment:



On our way out to the car after the reception, we met Patches, the cat who lives at the retirement center:



I have a lot more photos, and I hope to get them added to an ImageStation album soon. When I do, I'll post a link here on the blog. With any luck, I'll have them posted before Grandma and Dave get back from their honeymoon trip to St. Thomas.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?