<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 10, 2004

One of the blogs that I read regularly is [random acts of alex]. Yesterday he had a post recommending another blog, so I went to check it out. And then I spent the better part of the next hour there.

Dooce is an amazingly well-organized website run by a young mother in Salt Lake City. She writes with breathtaking honesty about her life, right down to her struggles with constipation and depression.

I am so jealous. Not so much of the constipation and depression, mind you, but of the rest of it. The Daily Photo. Her beautifully composed mastheads. And most of all, the way all of her posts are indexed into clear categories, like Family and Poop. I can't even get around to updating my links or getting the "86-43-04" off the bottom of my page (fat lot of good it did, eh?), and here she is--depressed and constipated and yet so well indexed I could weep. I have no good excuses unless laziness counts as one.

Go check out Dooce's site, and if you read nothing else, make sure you read her posts about Depression. This is one chick who deserves a book contract.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?