<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Greetings from the Renaissance Hotel in Orlando! The kids and I are down here spending the night with my sister Jenny. As I type this, Jenny's fiance Jeff is throwing beanbags at my kids and making fart noises. Such conditions I'm forced to work under!

Jenny's company held their holiday party here at the hotel tonight, and Jeff and I were her dates. Jenny went all out glam, complete with professionally done hair and makeup, while I opted for aloha festive:



Here's a closeup of my dress fabric, which features Santa, elves, and reindeer driving classic cars:



While the grownups were down at the party, the kids amused themselves up in the room by playing on the computer:



And drawing cartoons, like this one that Mike did:



I'd never been to a corporate holiday party before, and I was quite impressed. I loved the open bar, and the food was delish! I met up with the sister of a guy I went to high school with and had a great time chatting with her. We tried to save Jenny from being the caboose on the conga line, but by the time we got there, the line had disintegrated.

We also had a little brush with fame when author Ed Bloor and his wife Pam chose to sit at the last 2 seats at our table. I wanted to get a picture of him for the blog, but I got suddenly shy.

The evening culminated in watching Jeff help Jenny undo her updo. If you click on the photo, you can enjoy it, too:




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?