<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Blogging will be spotty at best and nonexistent at worst for the next week. We're at Disney with some friends and . . . gulp! . . . our hotel room doesn't have high-speed internet. I'm traumatized but shall muddle through as best I can. Try not to miss me too much.

In the meantime, check out today's Honolulu Star Bulletin for some amazing big-wave surfing photos. When the waves at Waimea Bay are 20 feet and ridable, invited surfers from around the world converge on Oahu's north shore for the Quicksilver in Memory of Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational. (Yes, the very same Eddie Aikau we named our cat after!) Fred and I had the rare privilege of getting to watch some of the tournament live our last winter in Hawaii, and hearing that they had the Eddie yesterday makes me feel homesick again for Hawaii.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?