<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Happy Election Day (I hope)! My friend Jutta is coming with her kids to spend the night with us and keep us company as the results are announced. Amy is coming over too with Rebecca, and we're going to have quite a little party: fondue (cheese and chocolate), BBQ meatballs (Fred's secret recipe), Texas caviar (ultimate party food--see recipe below), and frozen strawberry daquiris. I should be cleaning my house or otherwise getting ready, but here I sit, stuck in front of the computer.

Last night Mike and I watched the tail end of Fahrenheit 9/11 on one of the German TV channels. Afterwards he turned to me and asked: "So does Utah like Bush?" I wasn't sure why he would ask about that particular state, but I said: "Well, I don't really know offhand. They're pretty conservative, so I would have to guess that yes, they do." He looked at me, utterly aghast, and demanded: "Don't you think that might make things a little AWKWARD tomorrow night?!" That's when it hit me--he meant Jutta, not Utah.

Jutta has promised that if Bush wins, she will teach me how to cuss a blue streak in German. I hope it doesn't come to that.

You should consider making your own batch of Texas caviar tonight. Simply drain and rinse a can of black beans, a can of garbanzo beans, and a can of corn. Mix together, along with a jar of salsa, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, and diced avocado. Serve with corn chips (I recommend Tostito Scoops). I get rave reviews every time I take this to a party.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?