<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004

There I was a minute ago, sitting up in bed, watching episode 3 of "Desperate Housewives," when suddenly my laptop battery died without warning. The housewives were in the middle of the dinner party from hell, and I absolutely had to see the rest. So I came downstairs to grab my computer power cord and figured while I was here, I'd check my email and visit a few of my favorite sites.

I'm so glad I did! There is a new post on the Baghdad Burning blog. This blog is kept by a 25-year-old Iraqi woman who is truly a gifted writer. My only complaint would have to be that she doesn't post nearly often enough. This new post is an open letter to Americans regarding the election. Read it. And then go back and read everything she has posted before.

I'm going back upstairs now to see how everything turns out for the housewives. Now that I'll have the power cord, I don't suppose there's anything (like self-control, for example) to keep me from watching episode 4 as well.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?