<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 22, 2004

Jet lag continues to kick our collective butt. In the 9 days that we've been home, I've seen 4 a.m. at least 4 times (once with the kids and never because I've woken up early) and none of us have fallen asleep before midnight once.

We've tried coping with a variety of pharmaceuticals. TylenolPM, Dramamine, Benadryl, Melatonin--we've tried them all. Tonight I made everyone drink a nice hot cup of "Schlafundnerventee" (German sleep- and nerve-tea: it contains the herb Valerian) at around 9 p.m. Four hours later, and here we are, still awake.

We're starting to feel rather desperate. I read my spam and I see offers "Need V*A*L*I*U*M?" And all I can think is, "Heck, Y*E*S!" Mike suggested a couple of days ago that we simply embrace our new schedule and start living the graveyard shift. To my sleep-deprived brain, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. I figure at the rate we're going, we should be fully readjusted . . . oh, about the time we go back to the States later next month.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?