<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I just got back from running Fred up to the school. I have a while before my round of meetings starts, so I thought I'd use the time to post a few random items.

First, one of the coolest things we did in Texas was go to the cute little town of Gruene and meet up with my brother- and sister-in-law James and Meredith, Meredith's mom, and my nephew Sanders. We had a most delicious lunch at the Grist Mill and then wandered around the town. Here's a picture of Sanders perched on his grandma's shoulders:



Second, I got to meet up with my internet friend Nell on Sunday afternoon while Fred was in his meetings. Nell makes the seventh (I think) of my "invisible" friends that I have been able to meet up with IRL (In Real Life). We spent a delightful afternoon hanging out in Nell's living room talking trash about George Bush (what's not to love?!). Here's a shot of us together on her back porch:



And finally, last night when we went to The Outback, there was a Crossfire sports car in the parking lot. The kids insisted that we take a picture of Fred next to it to send to our friend Phil who has sports-car lust. They were hoping we could convince Phil that this was either Fred's new car or the car we rented for the week (because wouldn't it be the most logical choice for a family of 4 with 3 huge suitcases?). Phil's response: "Yeah, any closer and he'd have set off the alarm." I guess Phil isn't easily fooled. Here's the shot though:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?