<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

We just rolled in from what will go down in the Boyd/Taylor history books as the "Hell You Don't Know" tour of eastern Europe. We dubbed it that because I refused to retrace my steps, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that doing so might make sense. Instead we pressed on in a giant circle, starting with a day of pottery shopping in western Poland and making our way over to my great-grandmother's hometown of Nowy Sacz, dropping down through the mountains of northern Slovakia, and heading home by way of the Czech Republic.

We covered 1500 miles in 5 days. I hope to start posting the best of my 100+ photos sometime tomorrow. In the meantime, I have at least a half dozen boxes of Polish pottery that are crying out for me to unload them. When the pottery talks, Bonnie listens.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?