<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 19, 2004

We started school yesterday. We decided to go with a prepackaged curriculum this year, because with Fred away, I just wanted to keep things as simple as possible. So I ordered from Calvert, and we got our boxes a few weeks ago. The kids were eager to check it out, and I figured it couldn't hurt to get a headstart on the year. My mom will be here for the month of August and then we're going to take a couple weeks to go to Texas at the end of September, so I'm sure we'll be taking plenty of days off.

I finally got all the roots out of my front flowerbed and re-set the stone border and planted the new flowers. Now all I have to do is put in the mulch, but I think it's shaping up quite nicely:



And in other happy gardening news, my hummingbird moth is back this summer:



The kids and I went to Miramar this afternoon to meet up with one of my internet friends and her 2 boys. The kids were a little shy around each other in the beginning, but before we knew it they were thick as thieves. They had the run of the place, while Iris and I sat next to the wave pool, chatting and snacking on the most amazing hazelnut-and-chocolate bars that her mom had made. All the way home, my kids kept raving about how much fun they had.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?