<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Sorry, but I have no Scotland pictures to offer today. I hope to have more ready sometime tomorrow though. In the meantime, I wanted to share a very nice thing that happened to me the other day.

As you know, we arrived home from the airport at about 2:00 a.m. on Wednesday. I walked in the door and saw something sitting on my dining room table that hadn't been there when we left. It was a beautiful Polish pottery canister in the blueberry pattern! My friend Amy had left it there for me along with the following note:

Bonnie, there are 365 M&Ms in the jar, one for each day Fred is gone. Enjoy something sweet every day, and when the M&Ms are gone, Fred will be home and the jar will be left as a reminder of your sacrifice for us. Thank you.

Isn't that just the sweetest thing you've heard today? It meant even more to me considering that Amy's own husband had deployed to Kosovo just days before, yet she still had the resources to do something so nice for me.

I haven't actually started eating the M&Ms yet. I want to, but I know how my mind works: "Hmmm . . . after I finish all this chocolate, Fred will be home." It doesn't take a psychic to foresee me sitting there 15 minutes later, waiting for Fred to walk through the door and wondering why on earth my stomach hurts so bad. Maybe I should let the kids take turns eating the chocolate for me?

Whoever winds up eating the chocolate, it's a gesture that I'll certainly never forget.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?