<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I went to the mailroom yesterday and was thrilled to receive a package of photos from Fred. There are quite a few that I want to scan and post, but for now I'm just putting up 2 of my favorites.

First, here is Fred with some of the local scenery:



He says, "Me under crossed sabers in CPA Green Zone. I think they are somehow related to the Republican Guard, as the CPA HQ building was the Republican Guard's home in Baghdad."

This next one just cracks me up:



The inscription reads Dedicated to the memory of all the displaced ducks who gave up their homes in the hopes of a better Iraq. Fred explains, "The dining facility on South Camp Victory (where I live and work) is built next to a filled-in duck pond like the one at the quad at Ft. Sam Houston. The joke is in the sign and the decoys and rubber ducky."


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?