<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

I just got home a little while ago from taking my dad up to the airport for his flight home. We had such a nice visit! It was just the perfect amount of high excitement and lazy times.
 
I've always wanted to live in a musical, and I finally had my chance at the airport. I was walking back to my car after saying goodbye to Dad when I walked past 2 elderly German gentlemen accompanying a middle-aged American woman up to the tram that connects the terminals. As I passed them, one of the Germans burst into song: "Everything's up to date in Kansas City." Who could resist? I looked over my shoulder and agreed: "They've gone about as far as they can go." He was delighted to have the accompaniment, so we sang 2 verses together as we traveled up the escalators to the tram. I'm not sure what the innocent bystanders thought of our little production--nobody threw tomatoes, but nobody threw money either.
 
When we got off the tram and parted ways, he gave me his business card and insisted that I should call him sometime. I'm told his wife makes excellent stuffed cabbage rolls.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?