<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

I can't believe I haven't posted in almost a week. Things have been crazy here (but in a good way), and I'm dogpaddling as hard as I can to keep my head above water. You know you're too far behind on your blog when you catch yourself thinking, "Thank goodness the rain kept us away from Legoland today. At least this is one day where there's nothing blog-worthy going on."

My main activity for the past week has been playing travel agent. The kids and I, along with my mom, my friend Amy, and her daughter Rebecca, are going to take a week-long tour to Russia at the end of August. Even though we are working with a travel agent here on post, it is still a phenomenal amount of work, especially in the visa application process. Getting everything set was like trying to put out a grease fire with water--new fires kept springing up left and right.

In the middle of the application chaos, Dad and I took the kids up north to visit friends of mine (and students of my dad's) from Stetson. Yesterday the rain finally stopped and we made it over to Legoland. This afternoon we're going to take him downtown to show him the Luisenpark. But I'm not going to worry about posting photos or reports on these or any other events until after Dad leaves tomorrow. I'm just going to focus on having a good time.

Apparently, I'm not the only blogger who finds the task overwhelming at times. Here's an article about blogger burnout.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?