<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I've got so much to catch up on! It's been a very busy week, plus I still have the rest of our whirlwind journey from a couple weeks ago to post. It seems like every time something happens, I think, "Oh, I should blog that! But first I have to tweak and post my bazillion-and-one Switzerland photos. So I'll just check my email instead."

This is the same logic that leads me to occasional paralysis in the housekeeping area: "Wow, this floor needs sweeping. But what it really needs is sweeping and then scrubbing, and I just don't have the time or energy for that. So I'll just check my email instead."

I promise that you will see the Switzerland photos, if only a few at a time. In the meantime though, I have to do some everyday blogging as well.

For starters, today was our official day for doing battle with the lawn. I managed to wheel the mower out of the carport, and I was standing there looking at it when Mike came out and announced, "I know how to do this." Apparently he spoke the truth, for he checked the gas and the oil level (something it would never have occurred to me to do), flipped a few switches here and there, gave a good yank, and started it right up. Not only did he mow our yard, but he also mowed for our next-door neighbors as well. Here's a shot of Mike, truly outstanding in his field:



For her part, Annabelle has been busy lately doing some artwork. Mike has turned her into a Lord of the Rings junkie, and here's a poster she made of a hobbit:



I just love his furry feet, and I think his eyes are amazingly well done. He truly looks like what's-his-face from the movie!

My big accomplishment for today was going to a women's fitness orientation offered by the gym here on post. They really did an outstanding job with the program. First we watched a slideshow on weight-training for women, and then we broke into small groups to go through the gym with personal trainers. We got to try all the machines for an 8-week program that they devised for us. I figure if nothing else, I'm at least going to try to make it through the 8 weeks!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?