<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004

I'm still here, and everything is fine. I just had an insanely busy week, and getting to the computer to work on my Switzerland pics hasn't been an easy task. I hope that things will settle down now for a bit, so I can get those posted in the next day or two.

I spent a fair part of last week on Scout stuff. Mike received his Tenderfoot rank at the Boy Scout June Court of Honor Wednesday night, and Annabelle bridged over from Brownies to Junior Girl Scouts at a ceremony Friday night. I put a couple of hours into sewing the patches onto her new vest for Friday's ceremony, and then Thursday night at their rocket-launch/picnic she received another half dozen that go on her Brownie vest. I may never be done sewing patches at this rate!

I've also been busy in the yard. Our weather has been nice on a more consistent basis recently (still the occasional damp, dreary day though), and the plants are really starting to take off. Unfortunately, the grass is also starting to take off, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

I've never actually cut grass before and frankly never want to. It's loud and seems dangerous. Mike keeps insisting that he can do it, but I think he needs some adult supervision and don't think that the 30-minute lesson he got from Fred is sufficient.

Frankly, I wish I could just hire somebody to come cut the darn grass! Try saying that around here though, and people look at you like you're crazy. I've even had other wives OFFER to cut my grass when I've asked if they knew of anybody who does lawns for money. I would rather die. If I said I wanted to hire a cleaning lady and asked for recommendations, nobody would offer to come scrub my toilets for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?