<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 24, 2004

I'm sure my neighbor across the street thought I had gone 'round the bend last night when I showed up on their doorstep, clutching a wine bottle and claiming to have an alcohol problem. I did, however, have a very serious problem--my corkscrew was firmly embedded in the cork but, try as I might, I couldn't get the stupid cork to budge.

Fortunately her husband was at home. He took the bottle, knelt on the floor clutching it between his knees, and struggled fiercely with it for a few minutes. Finally, bit by bit it started to come loose, and he finally succeeded in pulling it out. I returned home with my freshly opened wine and a more user-friendly corkscrew that is better suited to the life of a single girl with minimal upper-body strength.

I'll be away from the computer for the next couple of days. My friend Gretchyn is visiting, and we're going to head out for a roadtrip with the kids this morning. Details and photos to follow shortly . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?