<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 27, 2004

Here's a shocker: It seems I'm a fan of French rap music. Who would have thought?

When Fred and I watched the finale of SATC the other night , I was captivated by the song they played as Carrie ran across Paris while Miranda pursued her mother-in-law through the streets of Brooklyn. I've been haunted by the sound for the past few days, so today I finally looked up the song credits online.

The song in question is called "La Belle et le Bad Boy," by MC Solaar (not to be confused with his American cousin MC Hamaar, I suppose). If you want to hear a 30-second clip of it, click here. Catchy, eh?

I don't let the fact that I speak zero French get in my way of enjoying the music. Come to think of it, if I didn't speak English, I'd probably like American rap better, too.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?