<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

One of my favorite things to do online is to hang out on the Positive Discipline message board on AOL. In fact, at many points over the past 4 years, that message board has been the only thing that has inspired me to remain an AOL subscriber. I've developed a terrific bond with my "invisible friends" and count on them to keep me sane.

I've been fortunate enough to have met a few of these friends IRL (In Real Life). I met Tess and her family at the Honolulu airport; we all went to see Monsters, Inc. in South Carolina with Kelly and her kids. I drove to Ft. Worth to spend the night with Gretchyn when she was there on business, and the kids and I got to meet Stephanie and her son at a park in Tampa when we were in town for a family reunion.

My most recent IRL meet was with Claire, shortly before the kids and I left Florida to come to Germany. We were really pushed for time, but Claire was sweet enough to agree to meet me at the Van's skatepark in Orlando. She and I got a chance to visit while my mom and Annabelle wandered the adjacent mall and Mike hit the ramps with my sister's fiance.

Today when I picked up the pictures from the disposable cameras Mike took to Klondike, I was surprised and delighted to find a picture of me with Claire that day:



So now Claire, who reads the blog faithfully, is also IN the blog!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?