<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2003

We're gearing up for yet another grand adventure. Saturday morning we're taking the train to Paris where we will spend the next 3 nights.

I'm a little nervous about staying so long--I spent a week in Paris one day many years ago. I fear the language barrier, although my cousin Julie has taught me how to say a few choice obscenities in French.

I have borrowed a phrasebook from my nextdoor neighbor and hope it works for us. I passed up another interesting phrasebook at the PX the other day: Wicked French, which teaches you how to say things like "Back off, cretins! I already purchased a plastic Eiffel tower yesterday!" and "Oh! Your husband!"

Here's another interesting phrasebook I won't be taking on this trip: French for Cats: All the French Your Cat Will Ever Need. Hopefully I won't need to say "But I don't wish to be neutered" or "I am going to cough up a hairball. Here it comes now . . . Voilà !" Not this weekend anyway.

Annabelle is unconcerned about the language barrier. After all, she points out, she already knows how to say bon jour. And oy.

"Oy?" I ask.

"That's how they say yes," she answers with great confidence.

Are we ready for this trip? Oy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?