<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Welcome to Panic City! If you've been following the tale of Bonnie Drives in Germany, you know that I have thus far confined my driving to right here on Sullivan Barracks, with the exception of two trips to Taylor Barracks to check the mail while Fred was gone. The day has come though for me to venture forth and try REALLY driving on the outside.

The kids have their German class this afternoon in Seckenheim. According to the directions I got off of Yahoo.de, the language school is a mere 9 kilometers (multiply by 6 and drop the final digit to get miles--5 miles!) away from us. We have been spending close to an hour each way on the streetcar to get there. So today we are going to try driving it.

I have to admit: It's not the actual driving that scares me as much as the whole parking business. The last time I parallel parked I was 16 and taking my driving test for the second time. Do you think I could get one of those signs for the back of my van like they used to have on The Partridge Family? CAUTION: NERVOUS MOTHER DRIVING!

So light a candle, say a prayer, send positive driving vibes my way! Serenity NOW!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?