<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 03, 2003

Did you notice that the ad is no longer at the top of the blog? I've been trying for days to upgrade my account to a Blogger Plus account. That is a paid subscription that would allow me to ditch the ad as well as put photos directly into the blog itself. Every time I went to the upgrade page though, I got a "please check back later" message. So I emailed them to ask what was going on, and I got back the following email:

>>Hi Bonnie,

>>We are currently in the process of revamping our billing system and have not been offering upgrades for users. However, as a courtesy, I have upgraded you to Blogger Plus25.

>>I hope that you enjoy it!

How nice is that?! Last night when I went to bed I was pondering the idea of moving the blog someplace else and ditching Blogger in favor of another system. (I'm also distressed to see that my August archive is temporarily MIA--thank heaven for backups!). For now though, I think I'll stay put.

On a different topic, after we picked up Annabelle from Brownies last night, we went to a local Gasthaus for dinner. We couldn't have looked more American if we had tried--Fred's army haircut, Annabelle's Brownie uniform, Mike's skateboarding duds. The waitress even handed us an English menu. When she brought the meals out, both kids spoke up clearly and said "Danke." It surprised me (these kids can be shy about stuff like that in English!), but it really shocked the heck out of the waitress: "Ach! Sie sprechen DEUTSCH?!" Needless to say, the kids were beyond thrilled to be mistaken for German speakers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?