<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

QUESTION: What's faster than a speeding bullet?

ANSWER: My brand new DSL connection!!! High-speed internet access has never felt better, and it certainly has been a long time in coming. Now I don't have any excuses for not posting my photos, so be checking back in the next couple of days to see shots of our new home as well as our trip to Legoland.

I'm pleased to report that our second day of homeschooling was smoother than the first. Nobody cried this time, not even me, which was a major improvement. Annabelle finished her stamp game problems while Mike used the square root board.

For obvious reasons, European geography is a big theme for us this year. The kids are busy mentally putting the countries of the Continent into order, and I have found a couple of neat tools that help with this. One is a free computer puzzle that I downloaded. You drag and drop the countries and their capitals into their proper place, and you can work with or without a timer and with or without country outlines. I also have a cardboard puzzle of the countries and flags of Europe, which the kids seem to enjoy.

The only problem is that with all this talk of European geography, the word "Albania" generally comes up at least once per day. And then I am left with the following (sung to the tune of "When the Saints Go Marching In") running through my head:

Albania, Albania!
You border on the Adriatic.
You are mostly mountainous
And your chief export is chrome.


Quick! Who knows where that little ditty is from?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?