<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 29, 2003

I suppose we really should try to have a lousy weekend one of these days. I'm afraid I'm redundant, always writing "We had the most amazing weekend." But guess what? We had the most amazing weekend!

This was the second of Fred's 4-day weekends, and we drove a few hours north to visit some friends of mine from Stetson. Irena and Christian live in the Dortmund area with their 4 lovely daughters who range in age from 4 to 10. It was such fun to be part of a big family for a few days!

The kids had an absolute blast. They shot baskets, played with a really cool magnetic building toy, and even started learning how to ride a unicycle! I tried riding the unicycle with a lot of help from Fred, but it's much harder than it looks. I have a lot more respect for circus clowns now!

We ate a lot of really good food this weekend, starting with supper Friday night at a German restaurant. For breakfast, we had rolls with meat and cheese. That's when Mike and Annabelle discovered the pleasures of Nutella, a chocolate-hazelnut spread that they smeared equally on croissants and their faces. Saturday night, Irena treated us to her homemade chicken satay with peanut sauce. It was all so good! I'm amazed we didn't need a forklift to get us out to the car when it was time to leave on Sunday.

Today we have been busy running errands. We finally got tired of chasing the dust around with a broom and broke down and bought a German vacuum cleaner. We also went to Bauhaus and bought 136 bulbs (crocuses, hyacinths, tulips, and daffodils) that I now need to stick in the ground. I'm counting on those bulbs to give me hope to make it through the winter.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?