<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Cute math story: Annabelle was working some problems this morning and called me over to watch her use "math karate." "OK," she explained, "the problem is 67 plus 7. I take the 7 and . . . HI-YA! I break it in two. Now I've got 3, which I can add to the 67 to make 70, and then I need to put on the other 4, which makes 74." In case you're worried about the poor broken 7, don't be--she assured me that she tapes the numbers back together at the end.

We're enjoying our new TV with its capability to pick up German stations. So far we've watched Spongebob Squarepants (that's Spongebob Schwammkopf over here), Who Wants to be a Millionaire (Wer wird Millionär), Pokemon, and Arthur. Yesterday morning while I was at my drivers test, the kids watched Blue's Clues.

The commercials are especially interesting. I don't think I've ever seen so many ads for chocolate!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?