<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

From Fred--My Room 

The room I sleep in is one of 2 end rooms in a 3-room trailer. It is roughly 13 by 13 feet in size. The door is in the middle of one wall. The walls are thin--paneling over 2-by-2-inch framing. The outer skin is thin aluminum siding.

It may sound like I am complaining, I am not. I live by myself in a climate controlled (window air conditioner) private room. Many Soldiers here live 2 to a room the same size. Some live in open bays and some live in tents. I am fortunate. I dodged the tents for approximately 6 weeks when I first arrived in Iraq and was waiting for this room to open up. I am the first of what may be many occupants. I suppose that figure will depend on how long we stay in Iraq.

I have added a plastic 4-drawer chest of drawers, a towel rack:



a footlocker, two folding chairs:



a couple of area carpets, and a coffee table to the issued twin bed, night stand, and wooden wall locker. I have rigged a clip-on light over the head of the bed to provide a light to read by at night:



It is a comfortable place to end the day. I spend very little time in the room. All I seem to do there is sleep, but it is a place I can go to and be alone with my thoughts, read a book, or watch a movie on my portable DVD player.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?